Happy New Year! We hope you start your New Year on a positive, happy, and joyful note! Why not let us help you feel good about your smile to ring in 2023? We have trained whitening technicians who would love to brighten your pearly whites so you can smile more.
When you smile, neurons in the brain release neuropeptides, which help relieve stress and allow other neurotransmitters such as dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins to be released, which act as antidepressants, and mood-boosters, often helping ease physical pain too! There is no doubt that smiling is powerful and that most people who receive your smile will reciprocate it. It is more than a simple expression; it is a mindset, an attitude, and a welcoming invitation. The act of smiling conveys your mental state and demonstrates how YOU-nique you are as a person. It adds volume to your personality and is one of the first things people notice when they meet you.
It is heartbreaking how many people are afraid to smile when they are happy because of their concern about how their teeth look. Since smiling when you are happy is a natural reaction, one's decision to disregard that instinct implies that they have an evident concern. Our goal is to help you restore your confidence and smile and have you leave our clinic feeling 100X better than when you walked in. Come see us if you are concerned about your smile and no longer feel confident or if you want whiter teeth - UltraWhite is here to assist you!
Are you wondering why your teeth have become more stained over the years?
Enamel is not white by nature. We see up close the surface-level staining of the enamel, which is often determined by genes and lifestyle choices. Below the enamel is the naturally yellow dentin. However, there are several reasons why your teeth may be more stained and more susceptible to staining in the future:
b) Smoking (marijuana, cigarettes, vaping, and chewing tobacco)
- A smoking habit leaves a yellow stain on the teeth due to nicotine's sticky nature. Marijuana can also stain teeth do its high concentration of THC.
c) Coffee, tea, red wine, and soda
- Coffee, soda, and red wine are just surface stains, whereas tea is sticky, similar to nicotine, due to the colourful tannins. Although coffee and red wine are surface staining, a second treatment can be recommended to remove all the additional staining after years of not whitening. Our clinical Hydrogen Peroxide removes surface stains and whitens from the inside out, making our treatment more effective than over-the-counter products.
- The side effect of many medications can cause staining on our teeth
e) Poor Oral Hygiene
- It is essential to maintain regular dental cleaning visits and daily brushing and flossing to avoid surface stains between teeth and the gum lines.
- Throughout our lives, the foods we eat and our lifestyles can cause our enamel to be thin, resulting in a greyish translucent undertone that appears paler on our teeth.
How do you now maintain your results after completing your treatment?
Follow the below steps to maintain those beautiful pearly whites!
a) Carefully follow the aftercare instructions. For more information, please click here.
b) Maintain good oral hygiene habits. Ensure you are flossing and brushing your teeth 2x a day. This will help limit build-up.
c) Use one of our maintenance products to help maintain clinic results! Whenever possible, we recommend the Maintenance Package, which includes Daily White (a deep cleaning stain remover toothpaste), Forever White (a portable on-the-go whitening pen), Minerals (helps restore, rehydrate, and replenish your enamel), and Coco-Floss (a thick floss that expands in between your teeth making it easier to get debris out).
d) Remember to book those touch-up appointments. Although we can not guarantee how long results will last, we always recommend our clients book 2-3x a year to help maintain those brighter smiles. Many of our clients choose the Yearly Package (589 + GST) or the Yearly Membership ($1000 + GST) for those touch-up appointments and come whenever suits them. Ask us about our monthly payment plan if you cannot pay the $1000 upfront for the Yearly Membership.
Calgary: (403) 850-3323 Saskatoon: (306) 978-5858 Edmonton: (587) 545-9811